Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where have these 5 months gone?

Welcome to our new blog! I have enjoyed posting on caringbridge but wanted a little more control and some more flexibility so I have decided to continue posting about Oliver and everything he is up to on this blog.....

We have had an exciting and eventful last 2 weeks.....My mom and I took Oliver uptown and had lunch with my dad. It was so much fun and such a glorious day to eat outside and enjoy the time together. We stopped by my mom's old office and saw some of her former co-workers. It was so nice to meet them, they are such nice people, plus, any opportunity to show off Oliver is fun! :)

Owen and I took Oliver on his first out of town trip the first weekend in May. We decided to make a day trip over to Brevard to see Owen's parents and so we packed Oliver up and hit the road. It was nice to get out of town and hang out with Owen's parents.  It was a great visit and we got a lot of cute pictures of Oliver!


Last Thursday, Jack arrived back in Charlotte from his semester at sea! It was awesome to see him and he was surprised at how big Oliver is.  We went out to eat at Loco Lime to celebrate.  Jack was so sweet and brought Oliver a stuffed toucan and a tshirt from Brazil! Oliver loves his toucan, especially chewing on his beak. 

We also took Oliver out to the park for our friend Allison's son's birthday party. It was a beautiful day and a perfect day for a birthday party.


Sunday was of course Mother's Day - my first! My sweet Owen brought me coffee from Caribou (decaf, sugar free hazelnut with soy, thank you), some pretty flowers and a sweet card. It was so thoughtful and I appreciated it so much. We then went to Brio to celebrate with my family and it was delicious!

So Oliver is 5 months old today (the 12th)....how did that happen? He has been home from the hospital for 3 months now and it has just flown by. It is so scary how quickly time is passing....he is so hilarious and has such a little personality. He draws attention everywhere we go (which is a good thing and a bad thing)......we went to speech therapy last week and while waiting for the elevator this sweet couple was there with us. Of course Oliver drew their attention so they were talking to him but then......the guy squeezed his cheeks! NO! The momma bear in me came very close to clawing his eyes out.....of course I didn't because the elevator arrived just in time but people, really.....don't touch baby faces when you don't know the baby! He could have been sick (we were in a hospital after all) and even if not sick, that just isn't appropriate.  They didn't mean any harm and Oliver is hard to resist but still.....

We are working with Oliver to practice taking a bottle, he isn't super excited about it but we'll get there! He is getting so big too, he is up to 17lbs and is about 27 inches long.....what a big kid! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your blog! I am a little surprised you did not use WFU colors but I love this! I've already linked it to mine, not that my blogging is all that frequent these days. Happy 5 months, Oliver! I was thinking about you today and remembering that you are 5 months! Lots of fun ahead, that's for sure!
    PS I'd be the Momma bear with baby touching too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 months Oliver! We've been waiting to hear about mother's day... I remember Oliver getting you tulips on V-day so I was wondering what he had up his sleeve for mother's day (but I'm glad he's not handling coffee:) Love the photos! I can understand how those cheeks are so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Mother's Day!! The family is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated 5months Oliver!!! Your cuter than ever baby boy :) Love the Blog Laura!!! Hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete