Friday, October 15, 2010

Our spunky boy and the Jackson gap......

Oliver was 10 months old on Tuesday.....right before, his 2 front teeth officially pushed through after looking so swollen for weeks on end! Finally finally! And they are so cute but he is looking less and less like a baby every day and is turning into a kid. And a kid full of personality, too. He is already a good mixture of his mom and dad, well our positive characteristics :) He is sweet and mellow but opinionated and persistent, smart, funny, observant and sociable. He knows what he likes and what he wants and doesn't hesitate to let us know! He is fascinated by animals, especially cats and dogs...or "Dos". He loves music and really enjoys having Owen swing him around and "drop him" and catch him.....hope I am not raising an adrenaline junkie!

He cracks me up when he does something he shouldn't because he knows when he isn't supposed to be doing it but pushes his luck. Now that he can sit up and pull up in his crib, he doesn't go down for a nap as quickly. I have walked back into his room and caught him sitting up when he should be lying down....he promptly "hits the deck", which is absolutely hilarious. And, after flinging himself down, he peeks up at me without lifting his head.....oh man, too funny.

The shot below was a rare opportunity when I was able to sneak my phone up close and take a picture of his teeth.....check out that gap - the Jackson gap!! I was hoping he would inherit this family trait :) I had a gap, as did my mom, grandpa (his Oliver namesake) as well as a lot of other family members....I think it is endearing but it will most likely mean braces for him in the future.....for now, I'll just enjoy it! For comparison purposes, the next picture is of me when I was younger - check out my gap :) and my grandpa's..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment